Sunday, November 9, 2008

*The choices we make reflect on who we are on the inside *

Do you ever have days when you wonder if people wonder why you are the way you are? I know that may sound like a funny question, but I have come to a realization that we are all who we are for particular reasons. We choose who we want to be. Everyday we have choices to make; we can choose to have a good day or choose to have a bad day. Granted, each day may be filled with difficulties and trials, yet when we choose to praise God for all things and to be joyful in all things, He DOES bless us for that. I would categorize myself as a generally happy person. Very rarely do things get me down, or I should say, very rarely do I let things get me down. Life seems to always throw hardships at people, but it is who we are on the inside that helps us overcome trials and then, actually grow from those trials. As most of you know, my father was killed in a car accident a little over 3 years ago. His absence is so very real to me now. Not that it wasn’t three years ago, but now, as I am living alone in another country, trying to serve my God, I have realized that I must look to God as my Father. He is the One who can guide me and give me daily strength. I think too often people get frustrated with life and trials that arise, and they forget that God told us in James 1:2-5, “Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.” Having joy within a trial is not easy, yet it IS the most rewarding way to live. Sometimes, I forget the true reason I am here. I am here to ultimately serve my King and to help reach lost people for Him. I have the gift of eternal life, because of Him. How can I not be happy? How can I not rejoice in that? Too often I start to focus on the things that I have done or the things that I need to do, and forget that there is Someone greater than I, waiting to help me. God is always at my side, He never leaves me. Thank you Lord for being so good to me! I know that it is hard for some people to find joy in all situations and to find God in all things, but joy is there to be had, and He is there too. When people start to praise God for the bad things in their life, as well as for the good things, I believe more smiles will appear on their faces, more blessings will be given to them; life may not be easier, yet it will be lived with the help of a Friend, who is greater than all. I know that sometimes people get frustrated with me, because they don’t understand why I am always happy, or why I do the things I do, but I know why I am happy and I know why I do the things I do. Ultimately, it is not about pleasing others or living up to their expectations or to their likings, but it is about honoring God in all that we think, say, and do. I pray that each day, as I make a choice to be happy, to find joy in all things, that I will make the Lord proud. I pray that He will be able to smile at me, and tell me that He loves me and that He is proud of me! Lord, thank you for loving me, and for giving me a chance everyday to choose to serve You! Help me to choose You everyday, help me to live for only You! Thank you for letting me feel Your love today, thank you for being my Father!

No comments: