Sunday, February 15, 2009

A New Direction

I never really know where to begin. It has been almost 2 months since I have written an update on the happenings of my life, so you can only imagine the endless stories I have to tell :) Don’t worry, I will try to be brief, ha ;) God has been quite active in my life since my return from France, and I must say that He has brought several changes into my life once again; changes that are proving to be major blessings in my life thus far!

I returned from France on December 23rd, and was able to spend Christmas with my entire family, which was wonderful I love being with my family, I’ve been blessed. Following Christmas, I moved into an apartment in Council Bluffs, IA. I am currently located about 15 minutes from Grace University :) I am living with Lindsey Dyer, she was part of my Mali, West Africa team. We have a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom apartment, which allows us to have our own space :) Things have been going wonderfully well for the two of us. God is blessing our relationship with one another, and allowing us to have a place to open up for ministry. Currently we have people over every Sunday for food and fellowship, which has been wonderful! I love having my own place, and I love having Lindsey as a roommate. God is good!

I am currently taking 19 credit hours at Grace University, still studying Intercultural Studies/Relations. The projected plan is for me to graduate in December 2009. I am quite excited about that! After graduation, I have no idea what God has planned, but I know that I just have to keep walking with Him and He will guide me in the right direction! :) Most of my classes this semester have been quite challenging, which is helping me view life in a different light. I am loving Grace University and thankful for the professors who are investing in my life.

Just this last Friday, I was at the airport at 6am to see the Mali EDGE 2009 team off. They left to head to Mali for 6 months. I’m not going to lie, that was a bit difficult for me, because I would love to return to Mali, in fact, I thought that I was, but God has changed some directions in my life. Instead of returning to Mali, I will be staying Stateside until further notice, and God is still taming my heart on this issue. I know that He can see the bigger picture and that He knows best, so I need to trust Him and wait upon Him. So whether or not Mali is in my future or not, or even if overseas service is in the future, I am not sure, but one thing I am sure of is that I am seeking Him and His will and know that if I stay in Him, He will lead. So, please be praying for me as I continue to seek His will!

In regards to the change of pace/direction/ everything :) God has lead one of my friendships to blossom into a relationship. My good friend Alex Schubert and I are now pursuing a God-honoring relationship. Over the last 2 years, I have gotten to know Alex as a friend and have seen Him grow in his relationship with God. He stayed in contact with me while I was in Mali, as well as during my time in France. Although there has always been a distance between us, he has always been encouraging and has challenged my walk with the Lord. He is currently fulfilling an internship at Camp Forest Springs in Wisconsin, and will be there until May, so our relationship continues at a distance. Just as the Lord has enabled our friendship to grow despite the distance that has always existed between us, we trust that with the new direction our relationship has taken, He will faithfully continue to work in our lives growing us closer together and closer to Him. Although I do not know what the future holds, I know that as long as we both keep pursuing His will, He will guide us in the right direction. I would like to ask that you pray for Alex and me, as we have entered into a relationship that we hope will honor the Lord in all that we do. We both have hearts that desire to serve the Lord, and pray that He will allow our relationship to positively impact the lives of others! :)

Well, that is the long, yet brief update of my life :) haha..I hope to be able to spend more time keeping up with my blog, as I anticipate many changes ahead! Thanks for all of your support and for keeping up with me! May God bless you and continue to show Himself to you in ways you have never seen!

No comments: