Thursday, February 26, 2009

Attempting to wait upon the Lord. . . while in the midst of a construction zone..

Life is happening. Things are changing everyday, it seems that most things never stay the same. I need to learn to accept that. Change can be a wonderful thing. It helps us stay in tune with God. I belive that He can use changes to shape us and make us more like Him. It is so hard for me to try to live for Him daily, yet think and plan for the future. Knowing that God can change things tomorrow, makes it hard for ME to plan : ) How funny is it that I still haven't grabbed the concept of letting God write my story..I feel that this will be a lesson I will never fully understand! I'm so grateful that He is patient with me. I do not know what my future holds, I'm not even sure I know what direction it is going in. This makes it difficult for me, because I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be doing, thus I must wait upon the Lord, yet that seems to be a challenge for me. Waiting has never been an easy thing for me, especially because I love to plan, but obviously you can tell by reading what I have just written, God is definitely doing some work within me. It seems as though my life is like a construction zone. I am under construction, it is going to take time to repair and fix some things in my life, as well as take time to build up some new areas. "Driving with caution" and "Slowing down" will both be necessary in order to not cause more of a delay in the construction time. Although, I will always be in somewhat of a construcion zone, knowing that God will always be working on me, if I allow Him, I am excited to see what His plans are for me and excited to see what new roads He builds for me. Please pray for me as I seek His will for my life and pray that I remember to slow down, so as not to delay His work process : )

No comments: